Grab a little luck of the Irish by eating fun, green food and planning (or planting) a spring garden!
- GREEN Eggs and Ham (Add 1-2 drops of food-grade blue food coloring into your eggs then scramble them up to make green)
- GREEN Cabbage Coleslaw
- GREEN Basil Pesto on Pasta
- GREEN Drink (Add a drop of food-grade green food coloring to a glass of 1% milk)
Activities: Real Vegetable Stamps, Limericks and A Spring Garden
Writers: Write a funny limerick about each family member but don’t add their name. During dinner, see who can guess the ‘star’ of each limerick. Here’s one we wrote to spark your kids’ imagination:
There once was an apple named Al
Who complained to be nothing but chow.
He learned how to sing;
His voice had a nice zing.
Alas he had no legs to bow.
Cooks: Depending on their skill level, pick an activity that is safe and fun for kids.
- Crack fresh eggs and scramble them in a bowl.
- Add shredded cabbage, salt, pepper, and light mayo to a bowl to make coleslaw. Stir it up.
- Add food coloring to eggs and drinks.
- Stir scrambled eggs while they cook.
- Stir the basil pesto into cooked and drained pasta.
- Slice ham.
For more dinner ideas, download a copy of Need Help Mom? on Amazon.